Friday, June 24, 2005

I could have been sitting on a fortune!

Hey all!

Sorry for the long delay but I was going through that "dry spell" when it came to coming up with a (I hope) interesting blog entry. I believe I found something so here goes!

I was watching the "Antique Roadhouse" a couple nights ago on PBS and a lady who appeared to be in her mid or early 50's had a collection that was being appraised.

What was in the collection?

She had about what looked to be around 40 HotWheels cars still in their boxes from around 1967 to 1969. Of course they were all in mint condition (both the boxes and cars) but what made them so unique was that they were some really short run models (and) featured some reather gaudy colours . It seemed like the dude who appraised her really knew his stuff on Hotwheels and in the end gave her collection a value between $2000 - $4000.00. Of course needless to say the lady was estatic.

So that got me thinking about the toys I had when I was a kid. I had ALOT of the big name toys .. Transformers (which I keep a couple standing on my the top of my desk), GI Joe and heck, I even had most of the Star Wars stuff when it came out. You name it, I had the Millenium Falcon, the Death Star, X Wing Fighter, Tie Fighter, pretty well half of the Star Wars figures that came out from the late 70's and early 80's. Needless to say I destroyed most of the stuff because I didn't know better as a kid.

About 10yrs ago I went to a classic toy shop and bought a couple of my beloved Star Wars figures back. I managed to buy a mint Luke Skywalker (in his X Wing figther suit w/weapon), a mint (and in pure white!) Stormtrooper w/weapon and a mint Han Solo (w/weapon and wearing his black vest w/white shirt .. the classic Solo). In the end I spent maybe close to $200.00 on three figures .. yep .. TWO HUNDRED .. dollars.

I suppose it's a small price to pay for reclaiming part of my childhood. But if I knew now what I should have known then .. I could have been sitting on a fortune!

4 Comments:

Blogger Artsy87 said...

Hey, what's going on? I haven't even seen a playlist in God knows how long!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Canadian Chick said...

Hehehe so you're coming to Ottawa eh? Let me know when you get into town.

8:03 PM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

I KNOW that Spatch is right into selling trading stocks, so thanks for that one, eh?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Uh .. yeah .. I will take that under advisement .. somewhat ..

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home