Saturday, June 03, 2006

Pictures, pictures and more pictures!

OH WOW! two updates in less than a few hours. I am not sure if that's a "Spatch's Spatchtastic Splatterings!" record or not but if it isn't, let's make it one!

So, I just checked my email and one of my sledge team mates, Maricyl, sent a bunch of us who went to Ottawa for the Ottawa Carelton Sledge Hockey Challenge pictures from our opening game. The photos in themselves were pretty cool and I thought I would share a few.

So let's get to posting!



This picture that you are looking at was taken by Maricyl before I headed out the locker room door to go get my sledge and hit the ice for our opening game on the Friday night. I think I remember her saying "Jay .. smile .." so I turned and looked and here's the reaction she got. You know, I thought before a game athletes weren't supposed to be all smiles? You know, the intensity of the moment, preparing to go out there and wage war against the enemy and show no mercy. I guess I had a lapse in "intensity" before I went out. But have no fear folks! The intensity came when the puck was dropped and the game started.

Which by the way leads to this .... (great transition huh?)



This is taken as well from our opening night game against a team from Ottawa called the "Bandits". They were a replacement team made up of inexperienced players and a few experienced players from the senior version of the Bandits if I remember right (and who we played later .. the senior version). What you see here is my team mate Jim and I going in on a 2 on 0. I had recieved a pass from Jim and I broke in towards the net and got a shot on goal. This was taken right at the moment when I recieved the pass from him and as I said, headed in towards the net. From what I remember I managed to get a pretty decent shot off and scored on the far left side and netted the second goal for us and were up 2-0 at this point (Jim had scored the opening goal). This was also my only goal of the tournament!



How about another action photo? Here's me circling to go in and defensively cover a player. I couldn't believe that it took me up to this point in the season to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do when I play left/right wing. I always hear that when I turn about I get my sledge too low to the ice. I guess that explains why I peel out so much! ;)

*note to self .. don't get down so low when you circle about ..



Lastly here's a great team picture taken during the final 2 minutes of our Gold medal game with our coach trying to calm us down after we got flustered by a late goal by the team from Conneticuit. We wound up winning the game 3-1 but it was a tense and long two minutes to say the least!

So there you go folks! A bonus update here in the ol' blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home