Monday, October 17, 2005

Finally ....

Hey there everyone!

I hope that everyone is doing well and had a great summer. As you can tell I haven't updated the BLOG in awhile and that's because I couldn't think of anything all that witty to add or to say ... until now.

Unfortuneately sad circumstances have prompted me to write this entry to bid a sad farewell to someone who was a huge part of my life for the past 19yrs ... my cat .. Snowball.

Our dear Snowball was put to rest just this past Thursday after deteriorating health. It wasn't a easy decision that my mom had to make but Snowy's health had dropped off so severely that it had to be done. There were a myriad of health related problems that plagued her but it's hard to believe that it was May that I saw her last and she appeared as healthy as I could remember her being in a long while. It looked like the diet she was on had worked well, she was full of energy, lost some weight and then suddenly she was gone. I can remember the day when she was brought home by my sister and a friend of hers after finding her. The moment you saw her you couldn't resist those big eyes that she had and the grin she'd give you. Of course you couldn't resist her friendly and overprotective nature as well because if you were hers, she's stand by you and wouldn't let anyone get near you.

The one other thing you couldn't forget about her was that her stomach was bigger than the rest of her. You couldn't get over how much she could eat! If you had scraps of whatever meat product there was for dinner .. give it to Snowball .. she was the kitty version of the Hoover (tm) and in moments it was gone!

In the end I will always have fond memories of my dear Snowball but I will also have regrets about certain things through the years as well. Lots of "I woulda coulda shoulda" moments but towards the end it seemed like Snowball buried those problems and forgave me (after I asked her) and we grew closer through the years. It was nice to know she forgave me and we developed that element of closeness that both pet and owner should have. And in the end as well I should thank her for her love, compassion and closeness that she gave me for all these years.

Thank you Snowball and I love you

Anyways, at the bottom is a picture of Snowball from last Christmas. This is the way I will always remember her .. a cat with a marvellous sense of humour and wonderful personality! (and I bet she hated the bow but was being a good sport about it)

1 Comments:

Blogger AsnJ241 said...

That's a cool pic of Snowball. Cats are wonderful friends and it's so hard to say goodbye. I don't know why, but I think I need to pick up a surf board...

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home