Tuesday, November 28, 2006

11/28/06: Where Has The Time Gone?!

Gah! Has it almost been a month since I last posted? Oh brother!

Not too much to report other than (and I will refer to her just by a letter because she asked me to) "J" celebrated our 4 month anniversary 13 days ago. I can't believe it's been that long since I first met her and what a wonderful difference she's made in my life since that day. It isn't often (or rare for that matter) that you find someone you are that truly compatible with. She's one in a million and I love her so much for her and what a great 4 months it's been. I look so forward to the next four months and hopefully beyond!

What else?

It looks like that "battle of the bands" really caught on with the lack (ok, none) of votes that came. Maybe people were too embarassed to put their names next to the videos they voted for. Come to think of it, I'd be embarassed too also to have my name next to a bad video. Smart move everyone! smart, smart move!

Can you believe Christmas is almost here again? neiher can I. It's hard to fathom that it was July and I was complaining about the heat and now Christmas is just 27 days away. That's so insane! Who started their Christmas shopping already? or better better yet, who has it done? Over the summer I had shoppers coming in and doing their holiday shopping and taking advantage of the (I guess) lower prices. I looked at them sort of odd but at the same thought "I don't blame you". Which reminds me, I should get a jump on my shopping really soon and also email my Christmas list to my mom and my aunt and uncle. Did you ever notice too that the older you get the less you really think about your Christmas list much less even have a clue as to what you want versus when you were much, much younger? I'm drawing blanks on my list again this year.

Sledge season is in full swing now. We lost our three pre season games a few weeks back but the upside is that when our regular season started on the 19th of this month we tied Windsor/Sarnia 3-3. It's my understanding that this team had quite a few winter Para-lympians from last seasons regional sledge team at the winter games. Not too shabby if you ask me! The next game for the Blizzard is on December 10th when we play Kitchener here at home. It should be noted that Kitchener recently beat the same Windsor/Sarnia team that we tied 4-1. I believe our tie speaks volumes about the team I play on!

Finally ...

My sister recently celebrated her 30th birthday and it was a real joy to be a part of my baby sister's milestone. For dinner we went out and had Ethiopian food and that was truly a one of a kind experience. I should preface before we go any further by saying that I am not one for spicy food so if I go out for dinner somewhere that isn't familiar I will usually take the high road and have something which appears to be more "normal".

So on with the story ...

As I had said already, it was truly a one of a kind experience and what was really cool is that you can eat it without utensils. I was naturally puzzled that there were no knives and forks and was waiting for them for quite awhile but my sister eventually informed (ok, she didn't informed me, she clued me in) that was not the case.

You see, your food is served on a big dish/platter of sorts with what looks to be some kind of flat bread underneath with your main choice(s) of either (spiced or not) vegetables or meat (lemmon chicken,beef,goat) on top. So all you do after is tear around the edges of the flat bread and then make little pockets, dab into whichever choices you want and you eat it! voila! I will say I was hesitant so I had a small corner but ultimately loved the taste and texture of the bread and the meat (I had the chicken). I will say that the two pints of .. *gasp* .. beer that I had with dinner (Steamwhistle ... very, very good stuff!) definately added to the pallet.

In the end it was a DEFINATELY cool cullinary experince in ethic dining and one that I was really proud to be a part of. I reccomend that wherever you live that you try some Ethiopian cuisine!

Oh, and if you're ever (or live) in Toronto try where we ate that night, the link is:

http://www.ethiopianrestaurant.com/canada/addisababa.html

Until next time everyone ... take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Canadian Chick said...

Wow 4 months! Congrats.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home