Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blizzard update (a little late but ... )

JUST a quick (and way late) update but I wish I could say that the news out of Missisauga a few weekends back was good but unfortunately for the 2006/2007 edition of the London Blizzard that was not the case.

The Blizzard fell 3-1 to the Missisauga All Blacks that morning in what was seen as a very valiant effort all around by the team.

We got off on a good start by scoring the first goal of the game late in second period (yours truly scored it on a nice pass from my linemate Cam on a 2 on 1 break) but shortly thereafter Missisauga scored to tie the game and then go ahead 2-1 by the end of the period. A late goal in the third by the All Blacks sealed the game for them and their advancement in the OSHA playoffs.

While the disappointment was high amongst the team afterwards you could feel that no one felt the season was a waste. As I see it, it's all about taking steps to that next "level" so we as a team can get THAT much better and use it to our advantage for next season. Maybe next year when we make the playoffs again (yes, I am going on record as saying we WILL make the playoffs again) this lesson that we learned today will serve us well.

We perservered all season when the odds were against us and faced the challenges presented to us head on and never backed down. I know I have faith in my team and I know we'll be that much stronger next season.

We can do it and way to go Blizz!

1 Comments:

Blogger Canadian Chick said...

Seems like another update is way late too. Keep blogging.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home