Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm Lester the Nightfly Hello Baton Rouge Won't you turn your radio down Respect the seven second delay we use



I just thought that I would try and follow up my last entry about my top 10 Steely Dan favourites. I said in the last entry that I couldn't seem to do (or attempt) a top 10 (or any varation of a list anyways) of Donald Fagen or Walter Becker's music since I wasn't really familiar with their solo works per se ...

Well .. until now ..

In order to do this list I did a search for complete track listings for Donald's two solo albums 1982's "The Nightfly" and 1994's "Kamakiriad". I then managed to download both albums (I had most of "The Nightfly") and listened to them both. After heavy consideration and painstaking thought, I in the end determined that these are my top Donald Fagen solo songs (and I should note that the one marked with an asterik * was written for Jennifer Warnes but Fagen did his own version of it).

This list is:

"The Nightfly"
* "Big Noise, New York"
"New Frontier"
"I.G.Y. (International Geophysical Year)"
"Confide In Me"
"Tomorrow's Girls"
"Greenflower Street"
"Trans-Island Skyway"

2 Comments:

Blogger AsnJ241 said...

I really like your spam blog. I gives me great shopping tips and the grestest outlet to invest my hard-earned dollars. MAKE spam NOWyou're blog is awesome spam match making, really like your spam blog spam I will definitely spam it! I have Home Based Spam Opportunities spam Work site/splog. It pretty spam spam spam spam spam. And... oh yeah.... SPAM!~)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Now I have ideas for my Christmas shopping!

But .. spam .. spam .. website with spam .. eggs and website spam .. spam spam,spam ...

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home