Saturday, December 11, 2004

Hmmm ....

What to write .. what to write .. what to write!

Generally I am not one to be lost for words but at this moment I am. Don't you just hate when that happens? It's like some days you know what you want to say and how to say it and everything flows so well but then .. then .. then .. well you know what I am getting at!

It seems like as if the mouth is engaged but the brain isn't quite working in gear. It happens to me all the time actually. What seems like one of "Jay's great moments of clarity" suddenly turns into one of "Jay's moments of utter confusion and stupidity so you better stop while you're ahead .. SERIOUSLY!". It seems like I run in these strange cycles of where I do make some sense, then make sense and then leave you scratching your head going "where'd that come from?". I suppose too that I can apply that logic here to my blog or any other of creative endevours. Sometimes after I put together a piece of music or a journal entry and it flows or sounds real nice I often think "I put THAT together? AMAZING!". Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit and should give credit to myself where it's due but don't WE ALL get like that from time to time?

Maybe I should credit my last bout of clarity to that potent mixture of Red Bull and Pepsi that I had Wednesday night. I guess it is true that Red Bull does help you increase your concentration and allow you to focus and think more freely. Whatever the case may be, I love Red Bull end of story. I get a feeling that tonight will be another one of those "Red Bull nights" at work where I will need every ounce of energy I have since I am very sure that we WILL be swamped at the store tonight!

Also, I just checked the weather network website and they say that we're supposed to get snow on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Isn't that just ducky? It seems like the annual tradition of me rolling out in the snow and cursing under my breath about how people SHOULD shovel their sidewalks will be in full effect. That's right, me cursing under my breath and uttering certain 4 letter words that I normally don't say. in public or at all. I guess it's amusing to some but nobody has yet to feel the "wrath" of Jay.

And if I can just add to the topic of shoveling sidewalks .. how hard is it to get up off your butt and go excert some muscle power? How hard is it really? Don't want to leave your home because it's all warm and toasty? or is it because you're so lazy that you assume that the city willl look after it for you? Think about the health benefits too ...

All I can say to that is this: It's common courtesy. It's common courtesy to maintain your property and give people clear passage so that they can go about their normal business during the inclimate periods. I for one like to get out during the winter and go to the places I enjoy going to (my bowling alley and the theater) and not get that case of "cabin fever".

Anyways, I am all done with this entry. Whether or not if it was a moment of clarity I don't know but I do know one thing is for certain ... it's time for this guy to go to bed!

Ps: The Knights did it baby! Undefeated in 30 games, a new Canadian Hockey League record! Congrats guys!

6 Comments:

Blogger Canadian Chick said...

Looks like you were not lost for words! Just write whatever you feel like writing. It works for me. By the way, thank you for commenting on my blog. It was a very nice surprised. Even better than waking up to coffee.

8:42 AM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

Just a thought... Maybe you could attach a little snowblower to the front of your chair.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

You know B .. that's not a bad idea! Now I know what you can get me for Christmas this year! ;) (and what the hell do you want for Christmas this year anyways?! lemme know will ya?! Don't make me get you the same thing as last year!)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Artsy87 said...

I'll tell ya what he wants!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Oh? do tell Val! You know which email to get ahold of me at.

But I think I have an idea though. If it's what I think it is, drop me a line!

2:44 PM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

Yeah, Val will use her "psychic powers" to tell you that I need a "MANLY sweater!" not a "COSBY sweater..."

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home