Thursday, January 06, 2005

Brrr .. baby brrr ..

Hooooey ... that's cold out there!

I just got home from seeing Martin Scorsese's newest film "The Aviator" which is based on (or about) the life of US billionaire Howard Hughes.

It was a interesting story to say the least. It was interesting to see how a man with so much money and such creativity could do so much. This is a man who revolutionised the aeronautical industry (and made films about aeroplanes)through ensuring that there is no one set airline company to service the world (and skies) and also developed the areoplane technologies that we have today. Also too it showed the other side when towards his later years in life (most notably after and how he dealt with his excentricities and also his developing mental illness (which I believe was schizophrenia or perhaps a mental breakdown?)that followed.

It's a great story but the sole drawback is the length. The film runs at about 3hrs so it's a little long for a biopic I think. I guess too for the period of Hugh's life it's hard to miss the important parts too since they cover his relationship with Audrey Hepburn and it was (or so I can gather) a significant portion of his life.

So check it out if or when you can. I didn't really know too much about the man but I came away from the film realizing what he meant to avionics.

Oh yes, I forgot, another cool feauture out the film is the musical appearance of one Rufus Wainright III (he plays a 1930's singer at Coconut Grove and does a pretty cool song!).

And on a total side note .. man .. 3 months till spring .. hurry up getting here .. please! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Artsy87 said...

We gotta teach JPK to skate before spring!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Val, you have my full agreement on this issue! It is a challenge but one we must all be a part of.

Oh by the way, did you inspect his butt for brusing later on? ;)

2:13 AM  
Blogger Artsy87 said...

No, but I am sure that he told you how purple my butt was when we came home from white water rafting!!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Nope ...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Canadian Chick said...

Remembering how cold it was on monday.... -40 with the wind chill or whatever they call it. Darn weather ppl are so technical with their thingies.

It was weird because it was +10 the week before and it was like +14 in Hamilton on my birthday.

P.S: Don't think of it as 3 months, think of it as 90 days or less ;). It might seem like a big number, but doesn't seem as long because it is a matter or days instead of months. The sun will be out before we know it, melting the snow, and by summer we will forget all about it.

Too bad you didn't live closer, I'd say come on over and light my fire. Then it wouldn't be so cold. Hehehehehe :) I enjoy teasing you.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home