Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"Now listen up, she's razor sharp ... "

OH HELL YEAH!

April 26th 2005

I was so ticked off when the tour dates were announced and London wasn't even on the list of places that they were coming to. I mean, how can Whitesnake,Vince Neil and (of all bands!)Dokken, Yes and Dream Theater come to London (you can say Cher but who gives a crap about her?) but THE Motely Crue wouldn't? All I could think was "what's up with that?".

So as you can imagine I am one happy camper at this moment. I am thinking that if it's within the budget I will be sure to pick up tickets this Saturday. Mind you though I don't work on Saturday but I'll see if I can book Para and take a jaunt up to Masonville and get my tickets. I will say too that it's nice to see these tickets are far cheaper than the Metallica ones in October (I'd have seen Metallica if they were cheaper and put aside my loathing for their newer music .. *gag*) at the JLC. You know, I am also wishing too that Steely Dan and Van Halen would make stops here as well. I mean, it's a long shot that the almighty 'Dan and 'Halen would stop here but it never hurts to dream right? I know I'd love that but I somehow think that is happening any time soon.

But at this moment though I am 100% thrilled. A band that I was a fan of as a kid is coming my way in their big "farewell" tour. I hope these guys don't stay on the road as long as Cher has been in her apparent "farewell" tour also. How long has this been? two years for Cher? Enough already Cher! Anyways, not a bad thing to come home to after being away for almost two weeks over the holidays don't you think?

Right now though, happiness is ... Motely Crue in April!

5 Comments:

Blogger AsnJ241 said...

Why the hell did FM9$#!+$ put up the petition to get the band to stop off in London? That radio station has never played Crue music (well, until now). I think the Hawk would have had more interest in getting The Crue to play a show in London. Dan Walker rocks! Actually, FM9$#!+$ might be able to get Steely Dan to do a show at the John Labatt Centre, although they stopped playing that music about 20 years ago...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

No kidding B!

That station seriously ticks me off at times. Is it because they are "London's Best FM (YES! we know we suck) 96"? So they feel it's their obligation to petition a band they never really play? (they have played "Dr Feelgood" before .. amazingly)

They baffle me at that crappy station of ours ... outright.

You know, you're right. if Steely Dan did come to London it would only seem right if it were presented by The Hawk. But of course though I am sure some way or another FM 9Sux would sneak in there and pass it off as "New Rock" (I kid .. seriously!)

10:57 PM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

I really don't understand FM9?... they announce The Best New Rock as being Linkin Park, Green Day and Aerosmith???? Huh, like Aerosmith was a cool band maybe 40 years ago... But maybe since the three bands have all dealt (or are dealing with) drug addictions that's what they all have in common.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

We all know that Mellisa Manchester would sell out the JLC in record time .. faster than Cher .. if it was promoted by Quiet 97.5. Of course the special opening acts would be Nanna Mouskouri and (I dunno) Whitney Houston?

And FM 9SUX just sucks. Period. I find it bizzare how they can say "New Rock" and just like you said, they can play Led Zeppelin (or even as much as I love 'em!) Van Halen. It's like "what are you? who are you? where do you come from?" and most importantly:

"what do you want to do with your life?"

"I WANNA ROCK .. no .. be a radio station with an identity crisis! YEAH!"

It's time for that station to get it's stuff together. Don't call yourself "New Rock" call yourself "London's Rock Mix" like a great station in Ottawa does.

And Dan Walker rocks and Brad "I think I'm cool on radio!" Gibb bites!

6:10 PM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

You should check out Dan Walker's write-up on http://www.thehawk.ca ... I think it said something about how he works at the only radio station worth being called a radio station...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home