Sunday, January 09, 2005

A first?

Tonight I did something that I hadn't done since I was probablly about five or so and never thought that I would do again.

Tonight with my pal Ansj241 and his girlfriend Artsy I went skating. Well, not skating, skating in the traditional (or normal?) sense but as close to a semblence of it as I could be able to given my physical condition and/or abilities.

Just how did I do it? very simple. All I did was roll my wheelchair onto the ice and propelled myself forward as I would normally roll. All I did was in between rolls is let my momentum take me and use my hips to guide me in any direction (or maybe trick?) that I can go or do. Sure I had to contend with all the (and I use this term loosely) "hockey players" who were cluttering up the ice by being inconsiderate at times of other less able or younger skaters. It was probablly one of the most exhilerating feelings that I had ever had or experienced in my life and one that made me feel like I was physically able to do it again. I enjoyed being pushed by Artsy at full speed (and boy can she fly!) and being the support rail for Ansj241 (which I think I did a pretty good job of if I may say so myself .. THREE CHEERS FOR SPATCH!).

It was an enjoyable experience nonetheless and one I hope to do again with Ansj241 and Artsy some time soon. Thank you you two for inviting me and making it a wonderful evening last night.

Oh, on a total side note. I can guarantee that the next time we do go there will be pictures posted afterwards. It was one of those things that I thought of when I got to the ice pad and went "ah crap!". Hopefully when there are pictures there won't be as many of Jason flat on his butt! :P

1 Comments:

Blogger Canadian Chick said...

I have not been skating in a VERY long time, although Ottawa has the longest skating rink in the world which is lined with Beaver Tail huts. Mmmm Beaver Tails with cheese and chives. Very yummy. Of course the Cinnimon ones are good too. Anyway.... There seems to be a rink right outside the building. It rained so much there was an enormous puddle. It went undisturbed and froze smoothly so people go skating on it. Very strange indeed, but stranger yet were the bouts of thunder and LIGHTNING in January!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home