Thursday, January 20, 2005

Whoops .. there I go!

What a day I had yesterday.

I woke up at 9:30am for my Dr's appointment at 10:45am. My dad and I left about 10:20am just because the weather was so crappy from all the snow that fell earlier on in the morning and the plows hadn't been out yet. Anyways, I made it to my Dr's appointment on time and sat in the waiting room for about 20 minutes and then when I finally made it through the doors, I sat waiting in a examination room for 15 minutes. All in that 15 minutes I was sold on the fact that BOTOX is a great short term answer to the concept of aging and remove fine lines. Also too I managed to read some more real persuasive litterature on some skin cream that will take care of any skin problems and that UV rays are evil and that "this summer" (in January?) I could become a "SPF agent" by visiting "X" website.

It's kind of odd how you spend more time waiting than you do with your actual doctor. All my doctor did was wander in, she gave me my results (nothing to worry about!) and the treatment and WHIZBANG! I was out the door in less that 9 minutes. I mean, what the heck? no shooting the crap and asking how I am before we got to my results? Sheesh! Anyways I was out the door in no time.

This is the portion of the day that has made a few people laugh at my misfortune. I wind up leaving the main doors and my dad heads to the car to warm it up. All I hear is my dad say "go slow!" and I do .. I heed his advice and I proceed VERY slooooooowly down the wooden stairs. So as I watch my steps I suddenly feel my feet get taken out from under me. I think the best way to describe it is lik ethe Looney Tunes cartoons where the famed bannana peel is on the ground and the bad guy runs across it and they slip and slide and wind up on their keishters. Well, guess who did it this time? Yep! ME! I slid down two wooden stairs and landed flat on my butt and looking up at the eavestroph amidst blowing snow for a few seconds. Thankfully Dad didn't see anything but needless to say my a++ hurt!

So I got into the car, my butt hurting and off to Westmount Mall to replace a pin in my watch I lost. With the pin in my watch and not hanging by one sole pin we went grocery shopping. As we got to the grocery store it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so lazy and not bring their carts back to where they got them to start with. I mean, how hard is it to bring something back? is it that much more of a inconvenience towards you? what's the deal, man?

Finally we get home and it's time to bring the groceries into the house. Mind you though the plows had come in and done our parking lot so getting in and out was kind of a stretch. So I get out of the car, grab the two items I can carry and make my way up the snow bank and towards the front porch. Of course though a flashback of a mere short while ago at my Dr's was replayed in mind and .. well .. twice in one day .. yep! I fell on my keishter twice in a day. However though I am thankfull that a 12 pack of Diet Mountain Dew and a large variety box of yummy hot Oatmeal was there to break my fall!

What a day it was and my left cheek still smarts 24 hrs after the fact!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home