Thursday, January 13, 2005

Let's Talk About The Weather

I must say that right now we are having some strange weather. I had just checked the weather network website and it said a moment ago that it was about +12 degrees celcius outside (I'm sure you're wondering why I am up at 5:14am though .. can't sleep .. that's about it!). So to verify this claim, I grabbed my new leather jacket and sat out on the front porch and took in the windy conditions and looked up at the sky and saw a spattering of stars up in the early morning sky.

I did however though find it odd that within a week we went from freezing and frigid weather to what feels like spring like weather. It's hard to fathom that because as I mentioned in a previous blog, myself, Ansj241 and Artsy all went skating and it was pretty cold last Saturday night. What's more amazing too is that the snow that I had been cursing up and down about and having to roll through is almost non exsistant. It felt really nice to take the long way home from the Palasad last night and just be able to roll and listen to my mp3 player and rock out and just enjoy the weather. It felt nice to roll without my jacket on as well (which I guess must have stunned whoever saw me rolling about thinking "is he nuts?" .. no comments please, I already know I'm nuts!)but the sole drawback were the wet gloves that I had when I got home. Sure it's a small price to pay but one I am willing to pay nonetheless!

I can't believe it's going to rain heavily all day with the chance of a thunderstorm today too and go up to +13 (that's what the weather network channel says but there is a discrepency between the website and the channel .. odd .. who do I believe?!) and then get down to about +4 by evening time and then about -6 on Saturday. It's hard to wrap my head around that this is happening in January and that it's been warm for the past two (or will be two anyways) days. Maybe it's that whole Global Warming trend that's throwing things out of whack. Or maybe it's just the way the high and low pressure systems have been going. I have no idea what to make of it. Oh well, it was a nice relief to the usual drudgery that has become winter and that the REAL spring is only 3 months away! :)

Now that I am refreshed from the wind blowing .. great .. I can't sleep! :|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home