Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My own personal 4min 15sec hell?

SCENE: Outside, sunny, bus stop with buses passing in background, various medium POV shots used:

Girl: So what are you doing back?

Fabrice: Well I sat back and thought about the things we used to do. It really meant alot to me. You mean alot to me.

Girl: I really meant that much to you?

Fabrice: Girl ... you know it's true.


And so it began. What I thought would be a nice trip down memory lane turned out to be a trip down video hell. The video and dialogue in question is from Milli Vanilli's craptastic 1989 hit "Girl You Know It's True". I have no idea what possesed me to think of the song or the video or even for that matter want to see or hear it again. Maybe it's the nostaligia in seeing something from years ago since the concept of "retro" is in these days. Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment and that's all there is to it.

Or maybe too I needed to see and hear something funny and shameful (I have no idea what's more shameful, my hearing this or the fact that so many people bought into what they were doing (all the while they KNEW they were decieving the public at large). What's the more unforgiveable notion? I heard this or cheated the folks out of money? Ah well, what's done is done and I saw and heard some bad,bad,bad,bad,music of the 80's. I'm sure there was worse and that this wasn't the epitome of the worst and what there was to offer from that byegone era but it sure ranks up there though! (and to think, I remember where I was in teh summer of 1990 when it all came crashing down!)

Well .. time do what I should have done a long time ago .. highlight the item .. right click .. send to "recycle bin" .. and .. DELETE.

7 Comments:

Blogger AsnJ241 said...

I was gonna say something here... but me thinks this link sums it up better.

11:31 AM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

bugger

2:33 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Thanks so much for the link Ansj241! That was a really good read and I agree pretty well with every point that was made.

It's amazing too how prevalent it is now especially since the Ashley Simpson blow up a few months back ...

10:21 PM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

People are going to do whatever they have to do make it in this world. I don't think it's as much deception as it is cowardice (or stupididty?). Ashlee Simpson could have cancelled her gig that night, but she didn't. Milli Vanilli could have tried recording their own voices in the first place (or perhaps paid to get voice training?), but they didn't. I heard that Sum41 cancelled a show due to throat problems. The fans didn't go nuts over that. Why?

Who knows.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

I think it varies by genre of music or who the arist is. In the case of Ashlee Simpson, I think most had Milli Vanilli in the back of their minds thinking "here we go again .. another singer who doesn't sing their own stuff". I would be willing as well to bet too that there are people who want to see her fail because of her older sister, Jessica and the music she makes. Maybe Ashley doesn't have the "cred" yet in order to let something like what had happened slide.

Now as far as Sum41 goes .. who knows! It could be the fans of the band who were far more understanding than those who hate Ashley Simpson. Of course though I should mention too they have already proved themselves through a few hit singles, hit albums and have clearly shown they play their own instruments whereas Ashely hasn't done that yet.

2:22 PM  
Blogger AsnJ241 said...

Hmmm... Did AsnJ241 write this comment; or was it AsnJ241's ghost-writer?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

I would suspect that it came from the very deep and cavernous mind of Ansj241 myself!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home