Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Surely you jest!

After I sat and read this article I couldn't believe what I just read.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051115/ap_en_tv/tv_reality_protest

You're telling me that "reality" television has writters? Get out! Since when?

But seriously. Why is it called "reality" TV when you have something like "Survivor" when it's no more than a glorified primetime TV game show? Is that real? NO! The only real thing are the people and the events. What about "The Great Race"? same premise, a glorified game show. Don't tell me that in some ways the outcomes are rigged. Don't tell me it's rigged for target markets or who would make a more "interesting" or "intriguing" winner.

Anyways, doesn't it defeat the purpose of something being real? you know, unscripted and unplanned and flying by the seat of your pants? Isn't life as real as things get? I don't see writters writting out my day's events for me and putting cameras in my face along directors and producers telling what I should say or what event should go after another.

I've always taken exception to the term "reality TV" anyways so it just strikes me as funny when writters want to get paid more for what they're doing. But ultimately the most REAL form of reality TV is what you see on the news is what's real and no one is asking for a pay raise there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home